We are looking for a Cyber Security Analyst who will help our maritime clients become more resilient to
cyber security events by supporting them in assessing, planning and executing changes to their cyber security strategy
and capabilities; and ensuring that they meet industry compliance.
- Ensure SDSD’s maritime cyber security services meet standard frameworks and methodologies and are in line with specific requirements for the maritime industry, including IMO requirements and Oil majors.
- Conduct cyber security readiness assessments with clients to ascertain their cyber maturity and create suitable roadmaps and action plans for improvement in line with regulatory requirements.
- Provide clients with cyber security documentation and processes in line with industry guidelines.
- Perform Vulnerability Assessments and Penetration Testing (VAPT) using standard automated tools, to uncover server and network vulnerabilities in the office and vessels environments.
- Conduct application security/penetration tests of internal/external web, mobile and web service applications, leveraging both manual techniques and automated tools and report identified vulnerabilities.
- Provide cyber risk assessment reports with full recommendations and action plans to improve compliance and remove gaps.
- Supervise the implementation of remediation action plans, follow-up with relevant stakeholders within client’s IT departments responsible for performing the actions
- Create engaging online cyber security training for ship’s crew and office-based staff, including bulletins and other materials.
- Provide Marketing and Sales with information on competing market offerings, identify trends, pricing/business models.
- Ensure stakeholders are kept up to date on maritime IT security trends and news.
- Educated to degree level in a related IT subject
- Formal cyber security accreditation/qualification
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware, and security
- Proven experience in a cybersecurity-related role
- Experience in vulnerability assessments and penetration testing tools
- Working knowledge of best practice frameworks, such as; NIST, ISO 27001, etc.
- Working knowledge of modern security technologies such as firewalls, VPN, IDS/IPS, SIEM and endpoint protection
- An understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them
- Ability to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical team members and other relevant individuals